40 Mournings and Nights

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Let's Cancel All Holidays

I dont feel like celebrating the holidays. I dont feel like being around people, the empty talk. First of all, it's never fun. The best holiday i had was the last one, where dh and i went Disneyworld. That's fun. But holidays at home are so stressful. Too stressful. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of denying to myself how much i dont enjoy them. I've always put on good cheer, bought a ton of presents, and really tried to make it fun for the kids in my life (I have 3 little brothers and sister). But on some level, i did that because i wanted to have a tradition that would carry over to my own children, where i made the holidays so much fun for them.

Now i want to make the holidays fun for me. I have no idea what that means, but at the very least, it means acknowledging that i hate holidays, that they're mind numbingly boring, and that i dont have to celebrate them in the traditional way if i dont feel like it.

Dh and i considered traveling during thanksgiving break. The places we chose are twice as expensive as the regular times. So, i decided it wasnt worth it. And, i definitely dont want to go to Disneyworld during the holidays. That's nutty. I'd really honestly rather stay home than invite more stress into my life.

I have to figure out how to enjoy the holidays. The best thing i can think of getting away. But where to go?

What do people without children do for the holidays? I'm sure i'm not the first one to realize that watching people enjoy the holidays with their children is no fun, year after darn-fricken year.

This is one that i'll have to think about and research. It probably requires advance planning. I really think getting away is a good option, since that sounds like fun to me.

Aye, but who has the time to figure this out? I've got work to do. The last time i tried to figure out a trip, i spent 4 hours clicking between orbitz and travelocity. And in the end, i was more confused than when i started.

Nyeh.

1 Comments:

  • Holidays are tough, especially when you have family around with kids. I agree wholeheartedly, that you should celebrate Thanksgiving however you darn well please!! What about traveling to a nice warm sunny destination like the Bahamas? Some kind of tropical getway? Of course, there's always Vegas. DH and I went to Vegas right after one of our losses and it did wonders for our attitude - truly a playground for adults!

    Anyway, hope you figure it out. It's certainly your prerogative to do what feels best :)

    By Blogger Chelsi, at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!