40 Mournings and Nights

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Good Life?

What is the good life? I've always believed that the ungood life aint worth livin. I know, you're thinkin i shoulda been philosopher. Move over So-crates. But wait, it gets better. And the goodest life, so to speak, is being a good mother. So the good life is the good mother.

And now, by my own definition, i'm living the ungood life. Either my definition has to change or juvenile view of the good life has to change. Well, it's not juvenile, just innocent. Too innocent. How did i ever make through law school? ... barely as i recall, just barely.

Oh but i deliciously digress, as i am ever wont to do. Back to the good life, or the lack thereof. Sometimes i would catch sports on tv, football, or more lately, baseball (just dont ask me who's playing.) And i think about the players ... you guys are just throwing a ball. That's what you do for a living. Granted, you make a boatload o' money, but still, you're just throwing a ball. And, what's good in that? How is that godly? I know, in retrospect, that seems so judgmental, ungodly in my own prejudice. Wrong, wrong, wrong. But worse yet is how i've horribly misjudged myself and what i have to offer. I cant bake or paint, crochet or waste time on a mosaic project. I need to do something good with my time.

Good golly, i'm so screwed up. But it just seems wrong not to be doing something "good" with my time. But who decides what's good? A seven year old girl who could see no good in her present circumstances so she fantasized about the good of her future. The best good the future could offer ... by not repeating history and being good to her own kids in their due turn.

But i'm not 7 anymore, and it's time i did a little good for me.

What does that entail? I do not even know what that means.

Jude

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!