40 Mournings and Nights

Friday, September 30, 2005

Today's Emotional Temperature: Slightly Normal, Scattered Clouds

I'm feeling better today, and i'm kind of excited by that. Yesterday i was a leaky faucet at my desk, praying that no one would walk in on me. It was a really low day. I decided to call in sick today, and i feel so much better. I'm so much better that i got to sleep in and not worry about getting up to catch a train.

I'm still not in the mood for all my normal activities, like writing, but i've learned a few new ones, liking picking a fight with my family. I realized that there's somthing to arguing with your family and letting them have it. Suddenly, I feel so much better.

Yesterday, i finally let my sister know that i'm disappointed that she hasn't come visit me since my mini-stroke and the news of infertility, 4 weeks ago. She says she's been trying, but her husband couldn't get away. Um, did ya tell him what happened to me? He's not a heartless guy, sometimes i think he has more heart than her. Anyway, be that as it may, she calls once or twice a week and emails even less, because, she says, her husband is always on the net. Hmmm, what, should i have sympathy for you instead now? Poor sister, can't come over and comfort me. Should i send you care package?

So irritating. But here's the best part. After our spat last night, guess who calls me today wanting to "straighten things out?" My mother. Yes, it seems, "a little bird" told her i took the day off, and my mom decided that she was going to come over right after to work to talk me and give the other side of the story--the other side of my sister's story. Um, why does she know that? Why does she care? Why is she on my sister's side, when she doesnt even know mine! This is so ridiculous. Look, my sister hasn't come to visit me at all since i've been sick and i found out my tragic news. I'm entitled to be mad. Period. There is no other side to the story.

I told my mom that i had plans for today. Well, it's true! I didnt call in sick for no reason, i really need some R & R. Not, instead, to defend myself to my own mother. God. That really irks. Anyway, so i told her i'm going to the movies to night. She said, ok, she'll come over an hour before the movie starts.

D'oh!

And i was feeling so much better today. Really, i was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!