40 Mournings and Nights

Monday, September 26, 2005

It's Monday ... La-dee-FRICKEN-da!

Gewd morning, world. It's monday, and i already missed my train, which made me late for work, I came in past 10 a.m. Ick. What a way to start your day, your week.

And then, i forgot to bring a book for the train ride, the HOUR AND A HALF TRAIN RIDE to work. BOOOOOOOORING! And, i showed up 40 minutes early for that lovely hour and a half ride.

So what's a girl to do with so much time? Stew about her circumstances, of course. Brilliant. Let's sit and think about how there's nothing to look forward to in the day. Nothing, nada, zip. Not shopping. Not eating. Not work. Not writing. Not crafts. Not cooking. Not baking. Not sex. Not nothing. It's so God-awful.

Ok, so we've established that i'm a little bored. Is this another funk? Oh no. And i left my passion flower at home. But it's not as bad a funk as last week. Maybe it's monday funk. Funky monday. I wished, really really wished this morning, that i could just call in sick. Too bad i dont have any sick days. One good bout with the flu back in JANUARY wiped those all out.

So you got no prospects, no appealing prospects. Well, that's natural. It'll take some time before the usual appeal of life is restored. So i hope. In the meantime, you just got to float through the day. That's your job. Drift. The thought of drifting never had any appeal to me. Ever just let yourself float in the lake? I have. It gave me motion sickness.

I don't like drifting. I don't like not have any interests. I don't like just being.

And therein lies the problem.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry about your Monday. I hope your TWTHFSS are better. It's too spokey for Mondays to be such a universal blah unless there's something really to it, almost spooky. Maybe it's the way life really is and that our cartoon universe during the weekends is too difficult to get out of. Long live animation! I always thought that the way Jerry lived was pretty cool actually. That perfect arch-shaped entrance in the wall to a small comfortable looking bed with perfectly sliced cheese nearby. But then there's Tom. Can't avoid it, I guess. Always a pair. Tom and Jerry, Monday and Friday, Evil and Good, Decaf and Caf, Trucks and Phones (?). Any case, it's only time. Best of luck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:25 PM  

  • Hi jude. Thanks for leaving me the message on my blog. I just started it on Sunday and was surprised that someone actually read it ;)) I'm so sorry that you are dealing with the huge blow of permanent IF. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of grief and healing involved in it. I'm sure blogging with be very cathartic in your journey, as it already is in mine. I'll be watching your blog for updates.
    Hugs, Chelsi

    By Blogger Chelsi, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!