40 Mournings and Nights

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Yellow Wallpaint

Today was better. I did a lot around the house and I feel good about that. I feel good about actually accomplishing something. I completed this roller shade project, which is amazing because i usually get bogged down in details like trying to find the PERFECT fabric. How i didnt obsess over that is a mystery. I only bought 3 fabrics to choose from :). My walls are a deep butter yellow, like a summer squash yellow. Eye roll, i know. I dont know what i was thinking when i picked it. I think i was hungry. So, by default, the colors i'm adding are a dark red and sage green. I found a fabric with all these colors in stripes. And i thought PERFECT. Then i hung it up and thought THREE RING CIRCUS. So i went back and found the same shades in huge box squares on sale for six bucks a yard, whereas it's more like $17 a yard. And i thought PERFECT. Then i hung it up and thought, PICNIC BASKET ON MY WALLS. So then i found another fabric, same colors, but more of a montage of shades interspersed with an occasional flower, and i thought PERFECT. Then i hung it up and thought WOW, IT REALLY IS. Now, i've ironed the fuse-a-shade part, drilled in the holes, and i'm just so thrilled that i didnt screw the thing in crooked. Phew!

Yay for craft projects done right--i wont go into all the ones that went wrong. Why ruin a good day :)

Jude


Blog counter - free blog (homepage / website) visitor hit tracking and statistical system

www.seo-blog.org blogcounter javascript

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!