40 Mournings and Nights

Monday, February 13, 2006

Mourning Has Broken

Well, i guess you can say that the mourning is over. I'm no longer mourning the loss of my unborn children, and I no longer suffer from permanent infertility--the two reasons i started this blog. Instead, dh and i have been downgraded to the garden variety infertility and have become residents of ivf nation.

I never imagined that when i started mourning that it would be over so "soon" or that life would take all the turns that it has. When you're told that you can never ever have children and should you try, you will pass on severe genetic defects to your offspring, life as you know it (the one you lived for, the only one you ever dreamt about) is over. All that is left is a barren wasteland of bleak emptiness. How do you go on from there?

It's not something i can answer with logic. All logic points to is that you cant go on. But the human spirit is not always limited by logic (fortunately) and finds a way to shine on, regardless.

I am going to keep this blog open to help others who find themselves suddenly incapable of conceiving and overwhelmed with loss and sadness. I recommend the books i have listed here to start. I also recommend a good grief counselor, who specializes in infertility. I would like to welcome any comments from anyone who has found other books or tools helpful in dealing with the loss of fertility.

In the meantime, I will be starting a new journey at The Fertile Soul.

Take care and God bless.

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

Morning Has Broken, Cat Stevens


Blog counter - free blog (homepage / website) visitor hit tracking and statistical system

5 Comments:

  • What an exciting change, Jude. I'll see you at your new home...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM  

  • thank you for all of your beautiful words. I want to wish you a peaceful journey. It's really hard, not going to lie. But you have such strength, you will be all eigh. Be well. Go gently, be peaceful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

  • I just lost my baby two weeks ago. I actually had to terminate the pregnancy at 22 weeks because of a congenial brain defect called Dandy Walker Malformation. Our genetics counselor wants us to come in for some bloodwork and to review the amnio I had to get. I fear too that I will not be able to have anymore children because I am a carrier of this rare disease. Thank you for your blog (I just came across it today while searching the internet to make sense of my loss).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:51 PM  

  • Anonymous, i'm terribly sorry about your loss. I had relative who had a baby with a brain defect...the baby did not developa brain or cranium. She died in uteru and my relative had to labor the delivery...a few days after the baby's death, when the doctor was available.

    My relative went on to have two healthy children on her own.

    I hope your equally successful.

    Fertile Soul

    By Blogger Fertile Soul, at 8:20 PM  

  • I've been reading The Fertil Soul for some time now - but just saw this one today. Beautiful.


    Anonymous, I'm sorry. I also hope that there is still a chance for you to have biological children. Regardless, I'm sure you will be a wonderful mother (parent).

    By Blogger BigP's Heather, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!