40 Mournings and Nights

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Yoga

So i signed up for yoga. Yay! It was very interesting. The first class i found myself competing for my "teacher's" attention. It was a little third grade of me and very strange. But all of the sudden i just wanted to do every pose PERFECTLY, just like the instructor. And i realized that i must have done this a lot in my childhood. And i stopped myself because it's just way too much pressure. I want to do it how i do it. Whatever that is, perfect or not, is so much better than stressing to do well for the added bonus of getting the teacher's appreciation and validation. I came here to relax, not stress out!

My goodness. So that was interesting--doing something without the pressue of trying to get an "A" while i'm at it. It's very weird and i'm not used to that. I'm so practiced in going for the A that i've lost what it means to go for the heart, or go for the fun.

But anyway, i'm relearning it now, so it's all good.

And then the yoga instructor has you focus on different parts of your body. And for the first time in my life, i said "Hello Liver, Hello Heart, Hello Intestines."

Interesting. In the end, I feel good about going and good when i'm done. I dont know if it's the yoga or it's just me feeling good about doing something for myself. That's quite a new phenomena. In the past, taking care of myself constituted allowing myself to eat whatever i wanted whenever i wanted, especially brownies for breakfast.

I still think brownies for breakfast is okay, especially if they're home made and have none of that hydrogenated nasties ;) But i dont really really want one every single day. Sometimes, i dont want ... anything (gasp!). I know! How could you say no to brownies?

But it's true. Besides that, there's only so much you can eat and the ceiling of good feeling you get out of eating is pretty low, especially when you walk around feeling stuffed. That's the worst.

Anyway, so i want to keep a journal of how many times i go and how many times i exercise, so i can keep track of my goal/resolution to exercise and lose weight. I got these 10 minute workout tapes. Dont tell me they dont work! That's the first thing i think when i think 10 minute workouts. But heck, i feel 10 minutes is still way better than ZERO! So i have pilates for 10, yoga for 10, cardio for 10, kickboxing for 10. There's a whole bunch. I can add or switch around and make my work out as long as i want. Then i got this other workout video called, um, errr, ehhhh, Bellydancing. Dont laugh! It's fun ;) And this way, my workout is multifunctional--workout now, do a little show for dh laytaaaa ...

ok, that's the report on this end. Next week, we got some travel plans. I have winter blues which is compounded by the fact that i work in an office with no windows. That's right. Just 4 grey walls and a door. So right about now, i'm itching for a little sun.

Besides, what else is a girl to do while she waits for January 27 to roll around?

1 Comments:

  • Yoga is so great - for me, it calms my minds and helps me feel balanced. I think it will help ease your anxiety about the upcoming cycle. I'm excited to see that you can try treatment ;)

    BTW, you've been "tagged". Visit my website to see what this is about!

    By Blogger Chelsi, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!