40 Mournings and Nights

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Food is My Hobby

I'm a little unfocused today. Just a tad. First day back from a long long weekend and all. That and ... my new obsession with cookbooks. I love to read them. Love, love, love it. I never knew this about myself. But they're SOOOOOO interesting. The other day, i decided to make Chicken Tetrazzini, except i didnt know how. Thirty downloaded recipes later, i had a pretty good idea of which direction to go into. That's the other thing. I have to research everyone's opinion on the matter. Like, did you know, some people put cheddar cheese in it??? Yeah, well, i'm a chicken tetrazzini snob. Only parmesan cheese for me, thank you.

So i made mine with peas, mushrooms, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, spaghetti, parm cheese, and milk. Mmmmm ... Gewd. Then, I froze a bunch for later. Cuz that's my other new obsession, cooking and FREEZING.

I also made some of those spinach/feta/phyllo dough thingies. I flash froze those.

But i've moved onto a new recipe. In the next few days, I will be attempting Salmon Wellington. Ok, yes, i'm totally cheating and cutting corners here, but that's ok, i dont cheat often.

Ok, i'm hungry, can you tell? I get food cravings before my period and i gain 5 lbs that weigh and feel more like 30 lbs. I feel HUGE. Could it have anything to do with all the carbs i had for dinner this weekend? I dont think so, cuz that would mean i cheated on my diet (the "stop-pigging-out-when-you-see-food" diet), and i hardly ever cheat ;)

Ok, well, 2 hours before i call it quits. Yippee!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!