40 Mournings and Nights

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Thing About Monday

is that Sunday nights can screw them up. Yesterday night i just could not sleep. I went to bed at 10 pm, and I couldn't fall asleep. It was terrible. I almost had a panic attack. It was one of those nights where i was becoming conscious of my breathing and that maybe, just maybe, i'm not getting enough air through this involuntary respiratory thing. Noooo, maybe i should think about it and try to consciously control my breathing. Yeah, thaaaaat'll fix it.

And you'd think that something had happened to screw up my nightly schedule. Nothing. In fact, i hadnt slept well the whole weekend. So sunday, i deliberately tried to take it real easy. I was supposed to go into work to get some more work done, but i decided to rest on this so called day of rest. Right? Not. I mean, i did do nothing. I read a little fiction, prayed some, played with my kitties, practiced a little piano, wrote in my novel, chatted with dh. See, nothing really. I dont know why i couldnt sleep.

To add to my unrest, this morning, after a long mile walk in freezing weather to get to work from the train station, i get on the elevator with two, not one, but TWO pregnant women!!! And they were like pregnant twins. They looked equally pregnant. Great.

So then we all pressed our floor buttons and waited to go up the elevator but nothing happened. The elevator cart just did not move. So the two pregnant women said to each other "oh, this must be the one that isn't working." And they leave and take everyone else in the elevator with them. And i just thought, Noooo, they're wrong. There's nothing wrong with this elevator. So i stayed in it and others who were waiting outside got in it, not knowing that "this is the elevator that's not working." Then the elevators closed and miraculously started to go up. I have no idea why i thought the preggers were wrong, but i just felt that i had no reason to believe their sudden exclamation that this elevator wasn't working, just because it took a second for it to lift up.

Oh well. Hi ho, hi ... yeah, yeah, yeah.

Jude

4 Comments:

  • Hey Jude! Bwahaha! I've been waiting my whole life to say that to somebody. I am really sorry that was the beginning to my first comment on your blog (we met through commenting on Life Without Baby), I hope you don't mind if I visit you and link you on my blog, its hard to find people like us.

    By Blogger Donna, at 4:57 PM  

  • lol, nice ta meetchya, and thanks for visiting!

    ;)

    By Blogger Fertile Soul, at 9:24 AM  

  • I know all to well about the nightly breathing checks. I would wake up and check to see that my heart was still beating.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 AM  

  • Hi Jude, I just read through your blog. I've been in tears through most of it. You are such a strong person. Some days I feel like I'm being bombarded with fertile people.

    By Blogger MC, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Seo Blog - free, no ads homepage hosting! Start your website today! Publishing and journaling with ease!